In the spring of 1998, the management of Meyer Services contacted Fox Valley Safety & Training, Inc. to evaluate and make recommendations regarding their safety compliance program. As a result of that process, Meyer Services has retained Fox Valley Safety & Training to implement various goals that were identified to compliment their existing safety program. Over the past years Meyer Services, Inc. has embraced a very aggressive approach to promote and enforce a “Safety First” attitude within the Meyer Services, Inc. team.
Employees have successfully completed safety compliance training conducted throughout each year. These topics include:
- Bloodborne Pathogen Category II & III Training.
- Confined Space Awareness, Hands-on Entry and Retrieval Training
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Training
- Fire Extinguisher Hands-on Training
- Forklift and Rough Terrain Vehicle Training
- Hazardous Communication - Utilization of MSDS Books which are in all company vehicles
- Hearing Conservation Training and Audiometric Testing
- Lock-out Tag-Out Authorized Employee Training
- Respiratory Safety Training
- Personal Protective Equipment Training
- Trenching and Shoring Training
- Fall Protection Training
- Electrical Safety Training
- First Aid/ CPR and AED Certified Trained Employees
- Work Zone Safety Awareness Training
- Power Line Hazard Awareness Training
Meyer Services, Inc. has reinvested in additional safety equipment for each crew that might encounter various safety hazards. This includes confined space entry tripods, winches, full body harnesses, gas air monitors, fresh air blower systems, air packs for emergency retrieval and various personal protective equipment.
The Meyer family believes “Safety First” protects their most valuable assets, their employees and customers.
Fox Valley Safety & Training, Inc. is proud to be associated with such a firm that not only states these views but also lives by them.